Ultrasonic Sludge Density Meter
The ENV200 is an ultrasonic instrument that measures the density of suspended solid in liquid. It comprises of sensors, a controller, and a junction box. ENV200 with PCM(Process Condition Monitoring) algorithm measures not only the size of received signal, which is often measured by conventional ultrasonic density meters but also observes changes in sound velocity and temperatures in the process. As it monitors operational status and water status in pipe and then decides the validity of each measurement, it contributes to increasing stability and reliability of the measurement.
The ENV200 utilises the EEA (Envelope Energy Average) method that saves reception signal envelop and then calculates its energy, rather than using the reception signal’s amplitude change. ENV200 offers three types of sensors, such as spool-piece, tank-mount, and Clamp-on type to accommodate all field demands at installation.
- Continuous and real-time measurement
- Reliable signal control EEAM(Envelope Energy Average Method) algorithm
- Various types of sensors to accommodate all field demands at installation
- Offer several density units, %, g/l, ppm, kg/m³, g/cm³
- Maximum 400 days data logging and monitoring
- In-situ measurement and calibration
- Water / Wastewater Treatment
- Pulp and Paper
- Food and Beverage
- Power Plant
Conventional ultrasonic attenuation density meter just determines density with amplitude of received signals. Unlike this, ENV200 is able to measure changes of concentration in a more sophisticated manner by adopting the patented EEAM (envelope energy averaging method), which measures not only the amplitude of received signals but also observes the shape of signal. It takes all energy as envelope and then convert it into density
PCM (Process Condition Monitoring)
PCM algorithm consists of SOS filter that measures sound velocity of measuring fluid (S.S. mixed water); temp filter that measures temperature; and signal filter that monitors quality of received signals. Operational status (process run/stop, pipe full/empty) is determined by the combination of SOS filter and Temp filter. Signal filter helps to decide the valid S.S. distribution.
Since the PCM algorithm assimilates many measurements identifying changes of process condition (water status in pipe, and S.S. distribution pattern), its intelligence is designed to measure only valid S.S. concentration. Consequently, the performance is much more reliable and accurate, compare to conventional measurement.
All sensors enable field operators to fit their need in the application. The sensor sizes are different from pipe diameter and density value.
- Measuring Principle – Ultrasonic Attenuation and EEAM(Envelope Energy Average Method)
- Measuring Range – STD. 0 ~ 200,000mg/l (0~20%) / OPT. 0 ~ 400,000mg/l (0~40%)
- Resolution – 0.1% or 0.01% (Selectable)
- Measuring Mode – Process Mode, Real-time Mode
- Display – Graphic LCD / (Density, Time, Pipe Condition, Flow Condition, mA, Etc.)
- Accuracy – +/- 1% of F.S.
- Repeatability – +/-1% of reading
- Operating Temperature – -20 ~ +70°C
- Outputs – Current : 4~20mA, nom. Load 250Ω (load range : 100 ~ 750Ω) / Relay : 3 SPDT(5A, 250VAC) –“ER” ”R1” “R2” / Digital: RS232(STD.), RS485(Option)
- Power Supply – STD. 100 ~ 240V AC, 50~60Hz, ≤6W / OPT.1 10 ~ 14VDC, / OPT.2 22 ~ 26VDC
- Enclosure Material – Polycarbonate
- Dimension – 252(W) x 238(H) x 124(D)mm
- Mounting – Hole center 152(W) x 236(H) mm (Ø8 x 4ea)
- Weight – 2.2 kg
- IP Rating – IP67
- Data Saving – Max. 400 days data logging and trend
- Screen – Numeric, Data trend, Diagnosis, Echo profile
- Certificate – CE